Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Self Description-Draft

        Hi, my name is Hyeon Wook Lee, and my byname on internet is 'revisioned egalitarian'. I'm happy to introduce myself to you. Ok, let me start the basic contents first. I was born April, 30, 1989, so I'm 19 this year. I'm freshman in KyeongHee University and I major in law. My family consists father, mother, my older brother and me. I live in Uijeongbu city, Gyeonggi province where many US armies are situated. My hobbies are playing computer games, reading books(regardless of their types or categories), listening musics, watching movies or documentaries, playing basketball, etc. I also like meeting with other people and friends, volunteering in social activities and traveling around, though they are not my hobbies. I want to be a chief at International Bank. To achieve this goal, my motto in life is "Strive hard and learn from mistakes. Once you succeed in life, Do share the success with others"
        As I've mentioned above, I like many activities, and my favorite is surely playing computer games. However, lately I changed my hobbies to reading books and listening musics and watching some educational programmes(?). In fact, I'm a game maniac. I played computer games nearly 14 hours a day when I was really obsessed in them; I changed myself now because I thought it's problematic to me to deal with my ordinary life. Nevertheless, if you ask me some computer games in the past whether I know them, I'm confident that I can answer roughly 90% of their titles. The best games for me are(or were) Medal of Honor(FPS) series, Starcraft(strategy simulation), Total War series(strategy simulation).
        I also like perusal of books, and My favorite genre is nonfiction, especially social science which gives me a lot of detailed information, analysis, and perspective about our society; I strongly recommend you The End of Work by Jeremi Rifkin, the Das Kaiptal by Karl Marx(revised versions by other people are also good), and Entropy by Jeremi Rifkin. Of course there are more valuable books such as The Future of Wealth by Alvin Toffler and Orientalism by Edward W. said, but I didn't read them yet. In addition I like Science books; Cosmos by Karl E. Sagan is the best I have ever read; it gives me the grandeur of space and even the reasons why we have to unite, not fighting each other; it is because our stage is not just an earth but the whole cosmos! Anyway, the book significantly affected the way I think and behave. Including those hobbies I enjoy listening musics(I like newage and semi-classiccal music types most), watching movies(who can darely tell me other genres are better than SF or action?!), and palying basketball, but I think these are just ordinary ones to explain. I'll tell you later if I have more time to do it.
        Ok, now it's time to introduce you why my aspiration is to be a leader of International Bank. The reason can sound really simple; to make better 'world' society. Now there is no doubt about the fact that today's world is based on economic and political power, but actually both comes from the same source, the wealth, or money. In addtion we live the most rich societies ever in history of human;However many people died and are dying jsut because of basic poverty, and many people suffer from insufferable and impregnable gaps betwteen the poor and the rich. The problem is that the so-called 'inferior' aren't the cause of this problem. They are not foolish nor lazy as we thought before not enough to overcome the inequaliy or the desperate situation. The real answer is this: the paradox of present society and its order, system. More importantly this problem is now enlarging its extent to the whole world. Many africans dies just because they were forced to cultivate coffee beens rather than grains by the 'aid countries'(that means they can't have their own source of basic foods because the aid countries destroy the native farms by extremely lowering grain price and the 'aid' is decided only when their domestic markets have excessive foods. the native africans therefore raise relatively 'valuable' ones to the aid countries's market such as coffee beens. The destitute situation happens when the excessive foods doesn't exist in the market of aid countries). Many serious problems(e.i.environmental problems) exist but at here I'll stop to say about it because this is an introduction about myself. So I think global movement is imperatively needed to solve this unprecedented, huge problem; re-distribution of wealth and other resources to the world and foundation of cooperationship with every country. In the center of them, the wealth power initiate the whole movement as we are live in wealth-based societies. So that's why I want to be a leader of International Bank.
        I think these contents are sufficient as a 'very' brief presentation about myself. I'm an ordinary boy so I love playing computer games, watching movies or documentaries, and listening musics; However, I believe I have one exceptional thing; My dream, or ultimate goal of my life. Though this sounds awkward and unrealistic, I'll not hestate to say that 'I can do it.'. It's true, simply because I believe and act from it and many people who tbelieve better world can be realized agree with me. That's why I call myself as a 'revisioned egalitarian'.

No comments: